Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NBA Playoffs: Part Deux

Alright!  First of all, for those concerned, both of my finals today went fairly well despite the lack of studying I put toward them.  But more importantly, I was able to complete the remaining 2 match-ups I had yet to finish for the NBA playoffs.  They are as follows:

GRIZZLIES VS. THUNDER

(click to enlarge)

I chose Zangief (Perhaps best known for having the most recognizable 'bulge' in video game history) to represent the Grizzlies.  I thought he was a rather bearish character and that Marc Gasol bore some resemblance to him.  I thought it particularly clever how I incorporated the Memphis logo into Zangief's chest hair.

The Oklahoma City Thunder's team colors were an almost perfect match for Vega's character's original markings.  I also thought that the speediness of Vega worked well with the thunder/lightning motif and, of course, chose Durant since he was a former Longhorn (Hook 'Em!).

HAWKS VS. BULLS

(click to enlarge)

I chose T. Hawk for the Atlanta Hawks. (For obvious reasons).

I chose M. Bison for the Chicago Bulls.  My thinking here was that the bulls were close enough to bison, in terms of species.  On top of that, the only characters remaining were Blanka, E. Honda, Dee Jay, Sagat, Balrog, and Fei Long; all of whom would not have made a lick of sense as Bull characters.  M. Bison made the most sense.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment