Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NBA Playoffs

I've got two finals tomorrow so naturally I have been looking for ANYthing to distract myself with to avoid studying.  I was in the mood to draw and thought I'd expand on what I did with the NCAA basketball tournament by doing one for the NBA Playoffs, only using Street Fighter characters this time.  Now, the NBA is already on the second round, so I'm only making characters for the 8 remaining teams.

It's getting late, and I still need to shower, so here are the first 2 match-ups:

HEAT VS. CELTICS

(click to enlarge)

I went with Dhalsim for the Heat since he can spit flame and is adorned with 3 skulls, which I have replaced here with the heads of the Big 3 (All DB's).

It seemed appropriate to give the Celtics the classic Street Fighter character of Ryu as they are 1 of the 2 original franchises still in the NBA.  Here, Paul Pierce is pictured preparing to unleash the classic "Hadouken" attack (I've been spelling that wrong for years!).

LAKERS VS. MAVS

(click to enlarge)

Since the Lakers and Celtics are longtime rivals, I thought it would work nicely to make the Lakers Ryu's rival-counterpart, Ken.  Kobe is pictured tauntingly wagging his finger, as he can sometimes be seen doing on the court (Or IN court.  BURN!).

I gave my Mavs my personal fav Street Fighter character, Guile (Blanka is a close 2nd).  I thought it would be fun to incorporate the Mavs logo into his Sonic Boom attack and also to replace the American flag tattoo with the German one.  He looks awesome.  Mel, can't possibly think that the big German is not a handsome stud in this picture!

Anywho, the remaining 2 match-ups will be coming soon.  Alright, I'm going to go shower.  I guess I'll study for that final in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment