Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Countdown to Deathly Hallows!

Hard to believe that in 24 hours I will be sitting in my seat to watch the final installment of the Harry Potter saga!  Notice how I properly used the word "saga", there?  Take note, Summit Studios.  The "Twilight" movies are not a "saga"; they are boring films with painfully bad acting and Cedric Diggory.  I found this quote and really like it:

"Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

Pretty spot on!

But enough Twilight bashing, let's get back to Harry.  Nearly every review I've read says the movie is phenomenal but also warns viewers to be sure to bring plenty of tissues.  I'm probs going to cry, or worse, ugly cry, as Johnny and Mel say.

Speaking of Johnny, this guy has VERY high expectations for the movie; demands really.  He seems to want a lot of the characters to die, if I understand him right, thinking that this would be more true to life and less like a feel good fairy tale or something.  Having never read the books, he is definitely in for lots of surprises and I'm 99% certain he's going to be more than satisfied with JK's finale.

Harry Potter.  The boy who lived.  (Cue Hedwig's Theme)

Disorder of the Phoenix                                  TW

No comments:

Post a Comment