Thursday, August 25, 2011

NEXT!

So, Mel and I have this ongoing disagreement about the usage of the word "next".  The controversy stems from one of our first vacations together in which we were both riding on the subway.  While the train was in full motion (this is key) Mel told me to get off at the "NEXT" stop.  Naturally, I walked off the train as soon as it stopped and the doors swung open.  However, sensing something was awry, I turned around and found myself staring directly into Mel's eyes, which I swear to this day were glowing red with fury.  Instinctively, I gathered enough courage to quickly jump back onto the train with my raging girlfriend before the doors closed.  After a moment, we both laughed but then immediately began the never-ending debate about how the word "next" should be used and interpreted.

I realize that most of the people who read my blog are Mel's siblings so I want to make it clear that it's okay to side with me on this issue, as I am right.  :)

The Never-Ending Debate                              TW

1 comment: