Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Month

That's about how long I've been creating my comic for.  The goal is to keep new strips coming for at least SIX months!  I've still got a ways to go, but I feel pretty good about having completed what I have done so far.

I'm no Gary Larson, Bill Watterson, Shulz or Davis yet but I'm working on getting there!  Those guys are my heroes (in the world of the funnies, at least) and I'd love to one day have my own strip published in a syndicated newspaper with sub-plots as bizarre and hilarious as The Far Side, messages as heartfelt as Calvin and Hobbes, a publishing run as long as Peanuts, and characters as recognizable as Garfield.

That being said, if at the end of the day my comic never goes beyond this blog I will still be just as happy.  The act of creating a comic is in a way an end in and of itself for me.  Although I am working toward becoming a better cartoonist with the dream of one day being printed in the papers, I am quite content and thankful for the readers that currently tune in for my daily strips.  Thank you all!

Busts, and Waists, and Hips! Oh my!              TW

1 comment:

  1. Keep 'em coming, Thomas! I look forward to reading it every day!

    ReplyDelete